Thursday, August 11, 2011

Update on me (or, "Talking like I think you care")

I know I have a few carry-over readers from my InvertedMind days.  I can count you on my nostrils, and half of you live with me and can read above a kindergarten level, but it counts for something, right?

I've actually had a few questions as to where I've been lately, and why I haven't written since I posted about the Rapture being cancelled.  No, I wasn't raptured away, unfortunately.  I'm still counting on it, but it hasn't happened yet.

No, I'm still alive and, well...okay, I'm alive.  I think that's a win at this point, considering my constant work schedule.  And I do mean "constant."

Shortly after my last post, things heated up in the office due to a deadline.  We worked long and hard, and think the only time I didn't put in a sixty-hour (or more) week since the end of May was the week I was on vacation over the July 4th holiday.  I'm depressed and psyched about tomorrow all at the same time, because -- assuming I live to see it -- it marks the 33rd consecutive day I have worked.  That period includes pulling an all-nighter that concluded at 6:30 a.m., and then was followed by a 45-minute nap, then a shower and a doctor appointment (more on that in my next post), then another short nap, several more hours of work and then an inadvertent 30-minute nap in my desk chair.

I've certainly had more fun in my life.

But there's a light at the end of the tunnel!

There's a significant chance I will not need to work this weekend -- and I absolutely won't work on Sunday because it's my birthday and I need to actually enjoy a day, dadgumit.

So, that's why I have been AWOL, MIA, or one of those other acronyms that means I haven't been where I was supposed to be for a while.  We really need a civilian version.  Something like DTTWAUTF -- "Dead To The World And Unable To Function."  I like it.  Doctor Spock, make it so!

Spock?  Hello?  Oh, yeah.  That's an old, outdated television show.  See?  I really have been driven to the edge of my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment