Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Like, Literally.

I have a habit of using a lot of colloquialisms when I speak, particularly informally.  I've picked them up over the years and the collection is vast.  In the last several months, watching five seasons of NCIS on DVD, I have picked up a lot of military speak, as well.  So, this evening, I called out that I would have to use the bathroom soon, but in typical Navy-ese.

Never say something figurative in front of a five-year-old.  They really don't get it.  But it can lead to some funny moments if you do, so forget that instruction.  Do it.  Do it often.  You could get things like this gem.

Hilarity ensued when I stated that I needed to "hit the head" in a few minutes.  My daughter exclaimed, "I'll do it!" and proceeded to smack me upside the brain cave.

No comments:

Post a Comment